generating precise wireless packetloss

Srinath N

Feb 23, 2015, 9:43:38 PM2/23/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello. I am beginner at NS-3. I am trying to generate wireless packet loss in a precise time interval for testing an algorithm that is supposed to improve performance of TCP. Is this possible, perhaps by varying receiving and transmitting powers? Currently I am only aware of propagation models that introduce random losses.

My second question is, does the flow monitor file contain data revealing exactly which packet was lost when and due to what reason? (like due to congestion or because either of the nodes went out of range, etc)
Thank you!

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 24, 2015, 3:01:22 AM2/24/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

you can develop a new ProagationLossModel (it's necessary to be able to add it in the proper place) able to deterministically trash your packets, e.g., loose the 3rd, 5th and 27th.
Alternatively, you can modify the model's params at exact times, but it's a bit more difficult to time it exactly.

Hope this helps,

T.