Maximum node creation limit in DCE

Jayasantosh Samal

Apr 13, 2017, 5:35:25 AM4/13/17
to ns-3-users, Randy....@landisgyr.com, Ruben....@landisgyr.com, vishal...@landisgyr.com
Hi,
Anyone has idea about, how many nodes can create in DCE environment. My script code is very simple like(#define DCENODE 600  , nodes.Create (DCENODE)). when i am creating around 600 nodes, am facing below error.

msg="Could not open "/var"", file=../model/dce-manager.cc, line=164
terminate called without an active exception
Command ['/home/far/DCE/dce/source/ns-3-dce/build/myscripts/Sbsnode/bin/Sbsn'] terminated with signal SIGIOT. Run it under a debugger to get more information (./waf --run <program> --command-template="gdb --args %s <args>").

Actually my requirement is to create node more than 1024 and simulate it.

Thanks,
Jay

Jayasantosh Samal

Apr 17, 2017, 2:36:09 AM4/17/17
to ns-3-users, Randy....@landisgyr.com, Ruben....@landisgyr.com, vishal...@landisgyr.com
Yes DCE can create more than 5000 nodes if it  has only open file descriptor(stderr,stdout and stdin). If  you create application having around 4 threads and a timer which will open some extra file FD and causes the problem to go beyond the Linux soft FD limit 1024. Which causes the below problem as i posted in my previous post. For this i found out solution like set the Linux soft FD limit to higher range e.g "ulimit -n 1039999" in root permission . Which solve the below problem.

Thanks,
Jay