Unable to configure waf in eclipse

Shashidhar B.L

Mar 24, 2015, 5:49:42 AM3/24/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am using VirtualBox to run an Ubuntu VM on a Windows 7 machine. I have installed all the prerequisites as per https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/Installation

I am following the instructions provided in https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/HOWTO_configure_Eclipse_with_ns-3 to configure eclipse with ns3.

However, when i try to configure waf am facing some issues, solutions to which i have checked in the group and on the web but weren't helpful.
The problem is, when I provide the path to waf in build command section under builder settings, i get this error stating

"waf not found in PATH"

The location i state on build command is exactly the path to waf. like ${workspace_loc:/home/workspace/ns-3-dev}/waf
I have tried all the suggested combinations for this location, like ${workspace_loc:/home/workspace/ns-3-dev/waf} and /home/workspace/ns-3-dev/waf

The same applies to build location section, where I have tried  ${workspace_loc:/home/workspace/ns-3-dev}/build AND  ${workspace_loc:/home/workspace/ns-3-dev/build} AND /home/workspace/ns-3-dev/build

and when i check the contents of this PATH variable in the console tab of eclipse, it shows following

PATH=[/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games]

I dont understand the issue, could someone please help with this?
Is there something I am missing or I could have overlooked something during different configuration steps.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Shashidhar B.L

Konstantinos

Mar 24, 2015, 6:26:55 AM3/24/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shashidhar,

Just one clarification, have you downloaded ns-3-dev or another stable release such as the latest ns-3.22?

Also note that the path you are giving is not correct.
You have ${workspace_loc:/home/workspace/ns-3-dev}/waf but if you check the WiKi page it is ${workspace_loc:ns-3-dev}/waf
There is no need for /home/workspace/

Shashidhar B.L

Mar 24, 2015, 6:47:32 AM3/24/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I used ns-3.22. I figured out the problem. I had forgotten to reconfigure waf once i made few changes in project locations. I replaced the ns-3-dev source code with my code, and did not reconfigure waf for the new import, which was very naive of me.
Thank you for your quick response.

Regards
Shashidhar B.L

Message has been deleted