I need to analyze the total packets dropped after being transmitted due to channel congestion. Which trace source to use ?

Boong Baang

Nov 21, 2019, 6:43:46 PM11/21/19
to ns-3-users
I think I need to use a combination of the following ones:
PhyTxDrop -
PhyRxDrop -
MacTxDrop -
MacRxDrop -

I found this program by  that uses all the trace sources listed above except MacTxDrop, why is it so ?

MacTxDrop indicates packet being lost even before transmission, so I don't think I need that as it is mostly due to queue overflow and not due to channel congestion. I need some advise regarding which traces to use to indicate the total packets being lost due to congestion in the channel

And the documentation mentions Implemented for encapsulation purposes in the documentation of the above traces, what does it mean ?

Boong Baang

Nov 21, 2019, 8:24:24 PM11/21/19
to ns-3-users
Additionally, I am creating a situation where 250 nodes are transmitting at a rate of 80 Hz which should lead to very heavy congestion in my opinion, but I none of the PhyTxDrop , PhyRxDrop and MacRxDrop give me any collision. Any inputs to this are welcome. I am attaching my script.
mobility_defined_drop.cc