NS2mobility helper :Could not open trace file

Fatma Marzouk

Jun 18, 2015, 8:52:02 AM6/18/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Please I was trying to use a tcl mobility trace file .After making sure I made the right path of the file and running I got this message:msg="Could not open trace file ./mobility3nodes for reading, aborting here
", file=../src/mobility/helper/ns2-mobility-helper.cc, line=154
terminate called without an active exception

Can someone please help know how to resolve that ?

Thank you in advance !

Konstantinos

Jun 18, 2015, 9:09:46 AM6/18/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, fatma...@gmail.com
Maybe it is not the right path after all...
Either use absolute path, or relative based on where "waf" is.

Regards,
K.

Fatma Marzouk

Jun 18, 2015, 9:25:33 AM6/18/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I placed it where waf is , it works !

Thanks again !

Fatma Marzouk

Jun 18, 2015, 9:54:20 AM6/18/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Please now I tried with another mobility trace file where there is nodes I got the following msg:

assert failed. cond="senderMobility != 0", file=../src/wifi/model/yans-wifi-channel.cc, line=83

terminate called without an active exception

Do you please have an idea about what is wrong ?

Konstantinos

Jun 18, 2015, 10:09:40 AM6/18/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, fatma...@gmail.com
This means that a particular node has not been properly configured with a mobility model.

Check the number of nodes you create in your scenario and the number of nodes existing in the trace file.
If there is any mismatch, particularly if the nodes you create are more than the nodes in the trace file, then you need to setup the mobility for them separately.

K.

On Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 1:52:02 PM UTC+1, Fatma Marzouk wrote:
Hi!

Please I was trying to use a tcl mobility trace file .After making sure I made the right path of the file and running I got this message:msg="Could not open trace file ./mobility3nodes for reading, aborting here
", file=../src/mobility/helper/ns2-mobility-helper.cc, line=154
terminate called without an active exception

Can someone please help know how to resolve that ?

Thank you in advance !

Arka Bhattacharjee

Aug 28, 2018, 10:22:56 AM8/28/18
to ns-3-users
Hi Fatma,
I am also getting the same error like you.I am attaching the source code for your reference.Can you please have a look and guide me??
Thanks in advance !!
epc-sumo.cc

Fatma Marzouk

Aug 28, 2018, 12:54:24 PM8/28/18
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Arka,

I was trying to check. But I could not understand what you wanted to do exactly. Why are assigning 2 mobility model to your nodes? If you want to use a mobility model from your tcl file it has to be the only mobility model.Why are you adding the constant mobility model?

To call the mobility model defined by your tcl file and then install it on your nodes you simply have to use:

 Ns2MobilityHelper mobility = Ns2MobilityHelper("Path to your tcl file");

           mobility.Install ();

Regards

Fatma

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Arka Bhattacharjee

Aug 28, 2018, 2:56:26 PM8/28/18
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Fatma,
I want to use sumo traces for ns-3 lte Simulation.There are two types of mobility because, I have enodeB nodes and ue nodes. Only the movement/mobility of UE nodes will be governed by sumo traces. I am new to ns-3 and I am trying to do some changes in existing lena epc example to get my job done. I wrote to you mainly because of that error which I am getting while using tcl files for UE node movement.It will be a great help if you can provide the code in which you used mobility traces (tcl) for movement of nodes.
Thanks a lot for your help and understanding.

Thanks and Regards,
Arka Bhattacharjee.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ns-3-users" group.

Fatma Marzouk

Aug 29, 2018, 12:18:16 PM8/29/18
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Please write the full path to your tcl mobility file in the code that will fix your problem.

Regards

Fatma

Le mar. 28 août 2018 à 15:23, Arka Bhattacharjee <arkabhatt...@gmail.com> a écrit :
--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Fatih Koç

Jun 25, 2024, 6:26:41 AMJun 25
to ns-3-users
I do have same issue. How did you solve it? Can you tell me please?

fatih@fatih:~/ns-allinone-3.29/ns-3.29$  ./waf --run "scratch/ns2-mobility-trace --traceFile=/home/mobility.tcl --nodeNum=20 --duration=100.0 --logFile=ns2-mob.log"
Waf: Entering directory `/home/fatih/ns-allinone-3.29/ns-3.29/build'
Build commands will be stored in build/compile_commands.json
'build' finished successfully (3.315s)
msg="Could not open trace file /home/mobility.tcl for reading, aborting here
", file=../src/mobility/helper/ns2-mobility-helper.cc, line=189

terminate called without an active exception
Command ['/home/fatih/ns-allinone-3.29/ns-3.29/build/scratch/ns2-mobility-trace', '--traceFile=/home/mobility.tcl', '--nodeNum=20', '--duration=100.0', '--logFile=ns2-mob.log'] terminated with signal SIGIOT. Run it under a debugger to get more information (./waf --run <program> --command-template="gdb --args %s <args>").

best

Fatih Koç

Jun 25, 2024, 6:30:01 AMJun 25
to ns-3-users
fatih@fatih:~/ns-allinone-3.29/ns-3.29
ls: shows : scratch waf etc
cd scratch shows: ns2-mobility-trace.cc

as well.

Fatih Koç

Jun 25, 2024, 6:41:15 AMJun 25
to ns-3-users
in my next try I receive following errors:

fatih@fatih:~/ns-allinone-3.29/ns-3.29$ ./waf --run "/scratch/ns2-mobility-trace --traceFile=/home/mobility.tcl --nodeNum=20 --duration=100.0 --logFile=ns2-mob.log"
Waf: Entering directory `/home/fatih/ns-allinone-3.29/ns-3.29/build'
program '/scratch/ns2-mobility-trace' not found; available programs are:  ['aodv', 'src/aodv/examples/aodv', etc ]

*Shahid*

Jun 26, 2024, 3:11:40 AMJun 26
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Check ns2-mobility-trace.cc from the example of mobility. It will be easy for you. First,, just use the default default.ns_movements trace file with the same location, after that, put your file here and change the name in your command. You just need to take care of two things. The number of nodes in your trace file and your code must be the same. Otherwise, you'll not be able to run.