Modelling Wifi Interference because of two wifi access points on same channel

Chinmay Naugaria

Jun 18, 2014, 6:32:32 PM6/18/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I am supposed to simulate an interference model when two wifi access points use the same channel. Is it already modelled in ns3? I need to show how performance changes when number of access points using same channel increase. Since I am kind of new to ns3, can someone guide me how to go about doing this?

Thanking in advance.

Chinmay Naugaria

Jun 18, 2014, 6:34:05 PM6/18/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I am supposed to have 5 hosts for each access point and show how performance changes when the two access points use the same channel.

Chinmay Naugaria

Jun 23, 2014, 5:33:19 AM6/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Anyone?

It would be of great help!

abdul

Jun 23, 2014, 5:52:38 AM6/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Chinmay,

I think that the following post may be useful for your simulation.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ns-3-users/ED1t_LULTtg

Best regards,

Abdulhalim

Chinmay Naugaria

Jun 23, 2014, 6:27:07 AM6/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Abdul,

Can you refer me to documentation if any where intra channel interference modelling equations are explained. I want to keep the APs on the same channel and model interference.

Thanks.

abdulhalim dandoush

Jun 23, 2014, 7:57:12 AM6/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chinmay,

The WifiPhy class in NS-3 is designed to support all physical layer related issues, such as channel sensing,
SINR computation, interferences, etc.

So, you have to read the Yans paper

http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1190467

In fact, YansWifiPhy is the implementation of the IEEE 802.11 physical layer. It models an additive
Gaussian Noise Channel (AWGN) with cumulative noise handled by InterferenceHelper.
The abstract class WifiChannel is designed to model the radio signal transmission.

Best regards,

Abdulhalim