Tap-bridge Wifi example

Abdul Sikandar

Jun 1, 2015, 2:52:21 PM6/1/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I am able to ping two virtual host by running ns-3.19/src/tap-bridge/examples/tap-wifi-virtual-machine.cc using linux container.
Problem is when i change the mac type to ApWifiMac instead of AdhocWifiMac and using one host as AP and other as Sta, I am not able to get ping response two virtual host.
All packets are lost

Tommaso Pecorella

Jun 1, 2015, 9:04:09 PM6/1/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
TOO BAD.

See any of my old posts to understand why.

T.

Abdul Sikandar

Jun 2, 2015, 12:21:28 PM6/2/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I have searched through several post unable to find the answer, it would be really helpful if you can point out why ? how can I work out this scenario ?

Tommaso Pecorella

Jun 2, 2015, 6:10:07 PM6/2/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
The thing you needed to find is why I answered "TOO BAD", not why your script doesn't work.
As an hint: "TOO BAD" is my standard reply when a question can't be answered because it lacks relevant informations, or when it's about an outdated and unmaintained ns-3 version. or both at the same time.
Your original post perfectly matches all the criteria for a "TOO BAD".
Feel free to amend the question by:
1) upgrade to the latest ns-3,
2) provide exact and reproducible steps to show the issue. Adding the scrip as an attachment is useful.

Point 1 is to avoid bugs already fixed, and/or the hassle of downloading and installing unsupported ns-3 versions.
Point 2 is to avoid that we have to use our (limited) time to build a script similar to the one giving you issues, maybe just to find out that it works for us.

T.

Abdul Sikandar

Jun 3, 2015, 11:12:31 AM6/3/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
well sorry for incomplete info my scenario is i have created three Linux container with 1 container act as AP and other 2 as STA. I am able to get ping reply when pinging one STA from other I am attaching my code here. Well I am using ns3.22.
tap-wifi.cc

Abdul Sikandar

Jun 3, 2015, 11:15:50 AM6/3/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I am unable to get ping reply when pinging from one STA to other as well as from AP. but scenario works i.e ping work when the nodes are connected in Adhoc mode.

Tommaso Pecorella

Jun 4, 2015, 7:46:19 AM6/4/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

no idea, but the tap-bridge module provides two example, in one the nodes are using AdHoc mode, in the other they're an AP and a STA. I'd suggest to triple check them.

Cheers,

T.