why do here route twice for ue in lte-x2-handover-measure.cc in ns3.24.1

hongyu deng

Dec 10, 2015, 3:32:34 AM12/10/15
to ns-3-users

Hi all,
why do here route twice for ue in lte-x2-handover-measure.cc in ns3.24.1 like to picture? at source code line 260-266 and line 291-294.
I try once(line 260-266 were commented out and keep 291-294 ) and it also enough to communicate between the ue and remotehost,but why here twice? i can't understand.
Could anybody give me a guide?
I am sorry for the font of code in the picture!
Thanks,

Regards,
deng,

Tommaso Pecorella

Dec 10, 2015, 9:54:32 AM12/10/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

it's definitely an unneeded duplicate. The second one is more than enough, thanks for pointing out this.
As a side note, there's the same duplicate code in the other x2 example.
We'll remove the duplicate code.

Cheers,

T.

hongyu deng

Dec 11, 2015, 2:58:01 AM12/11/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

​Hi,
Tommaso,it has the same duplicate in the lena-x2-handover.cc too.Thanks.
I use the example of lena-x2-handover-measure.cc and add a wifi ap netdevice in the ue node,and it's connect by three stations ,i try to route one of the three stas to the remotehost as the ue route to the remotehost,and i use UdpEchoApplication between one sta and the remotehost,but the console only shows like the picture,has no echos,only sends data.
It seems that the sta has a uncorrectly route.what should i do to route correctly.
Could you give me a guide?
Thanks,

Regards,
Hongyu,

The code like such:
  Ptr<Ipv4StaticRouting> Sta2UeStaticRouting = ipv4RoutingHelper.GetStaticRouting (wifiStaNodes.Get (nWifi - 1)->GetObject<Ipv4> ());
  Sta2UeStaticRouting->AddNetworkRouteTo (remoteHostAddr, Ipv4Mask ("255.0.0.0"), 1);
  UdpEchoServerHelper echoServer (9);
  ApplicationContainer serverApps = echoServer.Install (ueNodes.Get (0));//(remoteHost);//
  serverApps.Start (Seconds (1.0));
  serverApps.Stop (Seconds (simTime));
  UdpEchoClientHelper echoClient (remoteHostAddr, 9);   //add by deng
  echoClient.SetAttribute ("MaxPackets", UintegerValue (10));
  echoClient.SetAttribute ("Interval", TimeValue (Seconds (1.0)));
  echoClient.SetAttribute ("PacketSize", UintegerValue (1024));
  ApplicationContainer clientApps = echoClient.Install (wifiStaNodes.Get (nWifi - 1));//.Get (nWifi - 1));
  clientApps.Start (Seconds (2.0));
  clientApps.Stop (Seconds (simTime));

Tommaso Pecorella

Dec 11, 2015, 8:24:46 AM12/11/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

there was a 3rd example with the same issue, I pushed a patch for all of them.

About the second problem, I have no idea (and not much time right now). I'd suggest to check the group for previous messages, if I remember right it's something that has been discussed in the past.

Cheers,

T.

hongyu deng

Dec 11, 2015, 8:43:53 AM12/11/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Tommaso,thanks for your advice.
I will have a try.Do you have any other suggestions about that model?About routing.
Thanks.

Regards,
hongyu,

Tommaso Pecorella

Dec 11, 2015, 10:36:11 AM12/11/15
to ns-3-users
Nope, sorry... just the usual one: activate the logs and see where the packet is not forwarded.

Cheers,

T.

hongyu deng

Dec 12, 2015, 6:58:54 AM12/12/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Ok,thanks Tommaso..
I will have a try.
I find the same problem in ns3-users-groups,but can't find a right way to solve my problem.
And i send an e-mail to the author,then wait for his/her answers.

Regards,
HongYu,