Establish communication between Raspberry Pi and Linux container via ns-3 simulation

DeMarcus Thomas

Jul 27, 2018, 2:45:34 PM7/27/18
to ns-3-users
Hello and thank you in advance for reviewing my question,

I have reviewed a number of posts and see that it is possible to connect two Linux containers together via ns-3 using tutorials such as  https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/HOWTO_Use_Linux_Containers_to_set_up_virtual_networks. I also see that it is possible to have a physical LAN computer connect two Linux containers directly https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/ns-3-users/tA4zQWu441U/2UISzG0ZAAAJ.

My question is if it is possible to have a physical Raspberry Pi device communicate with a Linux container through an ns-3 simulation?

If this is possible, a general guideline for how to do this would be extremely helpful. If this is not possible, an explanation as to why it can't be done would be helpful as well.

I am working to get my self up to speed on the capabilities of Tap Bridges within ns-3, but all of the examples I came across seemed to have ns-3 connect containers or VMs that were present on the same host. Knowing if a physical device to container communication via ns-3 is possible would be very beneficial.

Thanks in advance for any help or recommendations.  If additional information is required, please let me know.

DeMarcus