Why is DSR derived from IpL4Protocol instead of Ipv4RoutingProtocol?

Yufei Yan

Jul 10, 2019, 12:29:41 AM7/10/19
to ns-3-users
Hi, guys,

I'm wondering this question: Why is DSR derived from IpL4Protocol instead of Ipv4RoutingProtocol?

As we know, DSR is a routing protocol, whose counterpart is AODV, DSDV, OLSR, etc.
AODV, DSDV and OLSR are derived from Ipv4RoutingProtocol, but not DSR? Why?

What is the philosophy here?

The usage is so different. DSR lacks some convenient utility functions like AODV, DSDV and OLSR have.

Can anyone give me some insights?

Thank you.

Zhangmin Wang

Jul 10, 2019, 8:41:51 AM7/10/19
to ns-3-users
As far as I know, DSR needs to add a DSR packet header between the IP packet header and the transport layer packet header. DsrRouting needs to be installed between the transport layer IpL4Protocol and Ipv4L3Protocol, so it is different from AODV. I don't know much about DSR.

在 2019年7月10日星期三 UTC+8下午12:29:41,Yufei Yan写道: