displaying SINR output in console LTE

Zdeněk Tinka

Apr 3, 2014, 6:48:12 AM4/3/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have simple question, is there any way to display SINR value right to console?

I'm writing that value into UlSinrStats using enablePhyTraces() command, but I need to display it in console too. I've found out the SINR value is computed in LteUePhy::GenerateCtrlCqiReport. I've tried to use Snr tagging (I used same way to displayng SNR value in WiFi) or use simple variable to transfer that value into my main file. Everytime when I run code with either snr tagging or variable, simulation is stopped without any outputs.

Do anyone know how to solve this issue?

Many thanks for help.

Konstantinos

Apr 3, 2014, 8:28:07 AM4/3/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
If you just want to 'print' the value in the console, add a print method (e.g. NS_LOG or std::cout) in that method (GenerateCtrlCqiReport) to print the SINR value.

In order to use a packet tag, you need to have a packet. But there is no packet there!

If you want to 'transfer' the value for further processing, you need to create a trace source, so each time the value changes, you can capture it.

Zdeněk Tinka

Apr 3, 2014, 9:59:30 AM4/3/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
As you said I need "transfer" value for further processing, specifically for plotting with gnuplot.

Term to create a trace source you mean  e.g. this? http://www.nsnam.org/docs/tutorial/html/tracing.html#example-code I'm sorry for dumb question, but I've met with this issue.

Zdeněk Tinka

Apr 3, 2014, 10:00:20 AM4/3/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
*I've never met this issue before...

Konstantinos

Apr 3, 2014, 10:05:50 AM4/3/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, April 3, 2014 2:59:30 PM UTC+1, Zdeněk Tinka wrote:
As you said I need "transfer" value for further processing, specifically for plotting with gnuplot.

Term to create a trace source you mean  e.g. this? http://www.nsnam.org/docs/tutorial/html/tracing.html#example-code I'm sorry for dumb question, but I've met with this issue.

Yes, that's tracing. You need to create a trace-source at that class and a respective callback at the scenario which will be triggered by the changes of the SINR value.
Study the tutorial and it will give you all the answers to create one. And you have met similar issue but without knowing it (e.g. how do you print the SINR value for received packets in WiFi? There is a trace-source that you 'listen' when a packet is received.)
Message has been deleted

Zdeněk Tinka

Apr 3, 2014, 10:41:11 AM4/3/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I take a look at it. Thank you Konstantinos.