aodv randomwaypoint mobility

Lincy Elizebeth Jim

Jun 1, 2015, 2:12:05 AM6/1/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

i just added randomway point mobility to aodv.cc.Now the statistics i m getting is 10 packets sent and 0 received why?earlier in constant position (original aodv.cc) all packets were received.  i have attached  the following (1) aodvrand.cc( i ve added randomway point mobility)
                                                           (2)screenshot of output (after introducing randomway point mobility)

I ve also tried to see net anim output  but no stats are visible for routing when i open aodvone.xml

 am i missing something here?
kindly guide me

thanking in advance

lincy

aodvrand.cc
Screenshot from 2015-06-01 15:53:18.png

Konstantinos

Jun 1, 2015, 4:56:15 AM6/1/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, lin...@gmail.com
Hi Lincy,

You have set-up the nodes in a 300x1500 rectangle moving randomly with speeds of 20m/s.
By the time the RREQ is send to the destination, the network topology has changed so the route is not valid.
In addition with only 10 nodes in that area, you will most probably have a disconnected network.

K.

Lincy Jim

Jun 1, 2015, 8:26:39 AM6/1/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Konstantinos

Thank you ,I made changes to the parameters you identified.It works.
I just noticed when i tried to collect ping statistics from Node 3(earlier it was node 10)
i kept getting 9 packets received(seed was 1) out of 10 sent.
  I did set seed(10) i got 10 packets sent and 10 packets received.However when i included set run (7) i am getting 8 packets received only.
I know run is to perform multiple runs of simulation  for the same seed.
I cant understand the role of seed though

kindly guide me

thanking in advance

regards
lincy

aodvrand.cc
Screenshot from 2015-06-01 22:15:16.png
Screenshot from 2015-06-01 22:16:02.png

Konstantinos

Jun 1, 2015, 8:53:41 AM6/1/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, lin...@gmail.com
Hi,

The seed/run control the random number generators, which in principle control the random variables in your scenario.
You have quite a few of those that affect your scenario, such as the random positions, random back-off timers etc.
By using a different seed/run in principle you create a new scenario.
In order to have statistically independent results, you need to run several random scenarios and then get statistical results (averages, std. distributions etc).

Lincy Elizebeth Jim

Jun 2, 2015, 1:43:57 AM6/2/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Konstantinos

thanks a lot.I ve  been reading about data calculator  .Let me try  using that in aodv  for statistical analysis eg packet count.
I will post  the same if any  issue encountered.

thanks a lot again

regards

lincy elizebeth jim