How to achieve reliable broadcast in ns3?

nongeek zv

Oct 13, 2014, 10:52:33 AM10/13/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to implementing a distributed algorithm in ns3 wireless network.
In this algorithm, each node in this network will broadcast udp packages to neighboring nodes.
I found that due to hidden terminal problem, some packages may  lost.

I want to know  how to achieve reliable broadcast, and make sure all the neighboring nodes will receive this broadcasting package.

Any help will be appreciated.

Konstantinos

Oct 13, 2014, 11:04:46 AM10/13/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is a research topic of its own, not just a parameter you change in the simulator.
For example IEEEXplore resulted in more than 500 papers in the last 4 years on "reliable broadcasting".

I would recommend to study first the literature and then (a) try to implement one or more of them and (b) design and implement your own proposal (if needed).