kindly assist with TDMA working code for ns3.26

donald ngugi

Jan 23, 2017, 3:47:53 PM1/23/17
to ns-3-users
The code am getting gives an error

Trace file generated is Dsdv_Manet_4Nodes_tdma_400txDistance_100SimTime.tr
Creating 4 nodes.
Command ['/home/donalnjeru/ns-allinone-3.26/ns-3.26/build/scratch/tdma-example'] terminated with signal SIGFPE. Run it under a debugger to get more information (./waf --run <program> --command-template="gdb --args %s <args>").

When i run i debugger i get an error

Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
0xb7cae230 in ns3::TdmaSlotAssignmentFileParser::ParseTdmaSlotInformation (this=0x80f0d80) at ../src/simple-wireless-tdma/helper/tdma-slot-assignment-parser.cc:109
109      NS_ASSERT (m_numCols % m_numRows == 0);

kindly assist
Regards.

Konstantinos

Jan 25, 2017, 12:10:22 PM1/25/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

You are lucky that the error comes from an NS_ASSERT.
This means that it is easy to identify the problem.

  NS_ASSERT (m_numCols % m_numRows == 0);

An NS_ASSERT as explained in the documentation "At runtime, in debugging builds, if this condition is not true, the program prints the source file, line number and unverified condition and halts by calling std::terminate."

That means the m_numCols % m_numRows == 0 is false.
it could be a bug in TDMA module, but since the module is not part of the main ns-3 codebase, we can not provide further support.

You should contact the module's developers/maintainers.

Regards,
K.

donald ngugi

Jan 25, 2017, 12:46:32 PM1/25/17
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
is there any code that would run on a different module

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

donald ngugi

Jan 25, 2017, 12:48:46 PM1/25/17
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
i mean run on a different version of ns3

Stephen Ennis

Jan 26, 2017, 6:14:18 AM1/26/17
to ns-3-users
Running into the exact same issue here. Am going to contact the module author although I will probably not wait on a patch and might just move to omnet++
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to ns-3-users+...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/ns-3-users.

donald ngugi

Jan 26, 2017, 6:30:48 AM1/26/17
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
do you have any code on tdma simulation.even the omnet code?

On 1/26/17, Stephen Ennis <ste...@tcd.ie> wrote:
> Running into the exact same issue here. Am going to contact the module
> author although I will probably not wait on a patch and might just move to
> omnet++
>
> On Wednesday, 25 January 2017 17:48:46 UTC, donald ngugi wrote:
>>
>> i mean run on a different version of ns3
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 8:46 PM, donald ngugi <electruxx...@gmail.com
>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>
>>> is there any code that would run on a different module

>>> --
>>> http://www.electruxxanimations.com
>>>

>> --
>> http://www.electruxxanimations.com
>>

> --
> Posting to this group should follow these guidelines
> https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
> ---

http://www.electruxxanimations.com

donald ngugi

Jan 26, 2017, 6:41:17 AM1/26/17
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
do you have any code on tdma simulation.say for opnet or omnet
the ns2 tdma.tcl dsdv doesnt run nam gui

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/ns-3-users.

裴粤

May 24, 2017, 3:10:33 AM5/24/17
to ns-3-users
Dear Konstantinos,
I also find the same problem,but when I annotate the line of the code and rebuild by "./waf",it happen the same problem:

Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
0xb7c88cac in ns3::TdmaSlotAssignmentFileParser::ParseTdmaSlotInformation (this=0x811e970)
    at ../src/simple-wireless-tdma/helper/tdma-slot-assignment-parser.cc:110
110  m_numCols = m_numCols / m_numRows;

Is it illegal to do the division between two uint32_t types?
在 2017年1月26日星期四 UTC+8上午1:10:22,Konstantinos写道:

Konstantinos

May 24, 2017, 5:13:23 AM5/24/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.

This is your error. This comes usually when you divide by zero.

Regards,