Correlation models in ns-3

Nestor Hernandez

Oct 9, 2014, 6:21:20 AM10/9/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I would like to know if it is possible to model spatial correlation among nodes in ns-3, e.g. given a set of nodes deployed in a network, is it possible to set a channel model that includes correlation? is it an available feature? My main objective is to model correlation in wireless packet erasure networks.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Néstor

Tommaso Pecorella

Oct 9, 2014, 6:51:24 AM10/9/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think it's possible, and to some extent the current channel models are already spatially correlated (perhaps in a too basic way for your research).
Probably you'll need to develop a new channel model, but it's definitely doable.

Cheers,

T.

Nestor Hernandez

Oct 9, 2014, 11:20:24 AM10/9/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your quick answer Tommaso. I'll see what I can do. Can you recommend a model to start with or look at?

Best regards,
Néstor

Tommaso Pecorella

Oct 9, 2014, 12:03:29 PM10/9/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Néstor,

definitely spectrum and buildings models. The first is the "basic" propagation and path loss model, the second is a complex model taking into account the presence of buildings.

Cheers,

Nestor Hernandez

Oct 9, 2014, 12:11:20 PM10/9/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com