NetAnim executable file not created inspiste of following all the Build steps

vis...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2016, 12:33:33 PM2/1/16
to ns-3-users
Hello, I am running NS3 on a Linux using a VM. I am trying to work with NetAnim and have successfully generated the XML files that I want to visualize using NetAnim. The problem is after following all Build steps I find no executable NetAnim file; Which is the main file. I followed the Build steps again but no use. What could be the problem?

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 1, 2016, 4:25:01 PM2/1/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

if you followed the build steps and there is no executable, then I guess that the build process ended with an error.
Would you mind to share with us the error message or shall we guess everything ?
The alternative option is to ignore your request because there's not enough info to reply. Your call.

T.

vis...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2016, 2:46:43 AM2/2/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

the building process ended with the following errors:
animatormode.cpp:376: error: no matching function for call to ‘QDoubleValidator::QDoubleValidator()’
make: *** [animatormode.o] Error 1

Please also find a screenshot of the build process

Thanks
VP
VirtualBox_NS3_02_02_2016_08_42_04.png

vis...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2016, 3:59:49 AM2/2/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I think I found the cause of the error more or less. I am running a Centos7 with the qt version 4.6.2. The documentation says that qt versions of 4.6-5.0 are supported. I tried to update my qt version but it says it is the latest version. Any suggestions with as to keep the NetAnim running on my current Centos7 without having to install Ubuntu and go through all the process right from the scratch?

Regards
VP
VirtualBox_NS3_02_02_2016_09_58_03.png

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 2, 2016, 10:47:15 AM2/2/16
to ns-3-users
Find the offending line and substitute QDoubleValidator () with QDoubleValidator (0). This should do.

T.

PS: reading the QT documentation and checking the differences between QT 4.8 and QT 4.6 is hard, isn't it ?

PPS: no, QT 4.6 is not supported. s a consequence there could be more errors and unexpected things.