Evalvid ns3

walid ben

Jan 31, 2015, 9:54:54 AM1/31/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I tried to install the evalvid module but so far failed.I put the ns3-evalvid-master folder in this path:  ns-3-allinone / ns-3-dev / src
I followed every step inside the readme file.

However, when I try to build using ./waf build, this error occur:  Could not find a task generator for the name 'ns3-evalvid-ns3-master'

please help me

Konstantinos

Jan 31, 2015, 11:09:40 AM1/31/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Walid,

Please check for which NS-3 release the Evalvid module you have downloaded was developed and either use that one, or (better) try to port it into the latest NS-3 release but following the corresponding 'wscript' structure as explained in the documentation

If you search the ns3 mailing list, you can find similar issues with yours when people try to port modules to new ns-3 releases just by copying and pasting the files in the src folder.
The solution was always to follow the guidelines for the corresponding NS-3 release you use.

Regards,
K.

kAZEEM HAMMED

Feb 11, 2016, 7:22:39 AM2/11/16
to ns-3-users
Hi Mr Kostantinos,i downloaded evalvid file online and u put the folder inside the src folder.i tried to run the client server example and I had this error message " error finding headers for module evalvid-ns3-master".pls what could be the problem and what is the solution.