Problem: WiFi network with multiple STAs and one AP, with Raw Sockets

Konstantina Roussou

Apr 12, 2020, 12:16:30 PM4/12/20
to ns-3-users
Hello!
I am currently trying to implement a Wifi network, which does not have a network layer, so I am trying to implement raw sockets, using PacketSocket. I have implemented 1 Access Point and multiple STAs (in the attached code its just 2 STAs). My problem is when I try to make the pair connections between each STA and the AP.
So far, I believe that I need only one PacketSocketAddress instance, and that I do not need to change the SocketProtocol for each STA.
However, when I run my implementation, no packets are received from the PacketRx() function that I have implemented on the top of the attached file. I know that the functions PacketSocketClient::Send () and PacketSocketServer::HandleRead () are called as they are supposed to, because I have put printout commands that indicate that they are called.

So, my problems are that:
1) I have probably done something wrong with the socket connection implementation (lines 319-398). If anyone knows how such a network topology could be implemented (how the PacketSocketAddress should be assigned) using PacketSocketClient-PacketSocketServer / raw sockets.

2) I am not sure if I should use the Config::Connect() command from line 397, or if I should use the server->TraceConnectWithoutContext () command, as it can be seen on the commented line 385.

Thank you in advance for any helpful suggestions, I have not been able to find existing posts that can be helpful for this scenario.

Konstantina

wifi_implementation5.cc