[ask] implementation of multicast layer 3 in the 6lowpan

farah aphie

Mar 8, 2017, 2:24:36 AM3/8/17
to ns-3-users
Dear all,
im still new in network simulator especially ns3. I want to implement sending message to all node in 6lowpan environment. Instead link layer multicast, actually i want to implement layer 3 multicast.
here i enclose my file (try to use link layer multicast but still not working).
the question is
1. is there possible way to implement my case
2. may i need to "configure multicasting" like ipv4 layer 3 multicast for example : multicast route, the ipv6 of multicastgroup,etc

thank you for your help

sixlowpan-multi.cc

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 9, 2017, 11:41:32 AM3/9/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

the short answer is:
1) Not without extending the model: you'll need to implement a multicast multi hop routing (not at the moment available in ns-3),
2) Yes, you'll need to do that, but... see point 1.

Cheers,

T.

farah aphie

Mar 10, 2017, 10:30:08 PM3/10/17