5G LENA-NR Uplink connection from UE node to Satellite Gateway Server Node with p2p connection to remoteHost

Drew Spitzer

Jul 17, 2024, 1:01:52 PM (5 days ago) Jul 17
to ns-3-users
Good morning all,

I am attempting to reverse engineer the cttc-nr-demo code in order to change the scenario from a downlink connection to an uplink connection. Then have the traffic continue through the remoteHost and to a gateway node created by Satellite NS-3 code (SNS3), via a p2p connection set up between the SNS3 gateway node and the remote host.

Attached Code shows initialization of the point to point connection I have set up, and then the attempt to send the EPS bearer traffic from the 5G UE to the Gateway Node based off the cttc-nr-demo code method.

I changed the downlink to uplink by changing the Remote Address to the Gateway node and the client sending the traffic to the UE.

Below is what flowmonitor outputs:
Flow 2 (7.0.0.2:49155 -> 40.1.0.1:1234) proto UDP
  Tx Packets: 36000
  Tx Bytes:   4608000
  TxOffered:  10.240000 Mbps
  Rx Bytes:   0
  Throughput:  0 Mbps
  Mean delay:  0 ms
  Mean jitter: 0 ms
  Rx Packets: 0

I was able to successfully send and receive packets to an arbitrary node I created and connected via the same method as above.
Flow 1 (7.0.0.2:49153 -> 1.0.1.2:1234) proto UDP
  Tx Packets: 36000
  Tx Bytes:   4608000
  TxOffered:  10.240000 Mbps
  Rx Bytes:   4607616
  Throughput: 10.239147 Mbps
  Mean delay:  0.536357 ms
  Mean jitter:  0.122525 ms
  Rx Packets: 35997

Any ideas on why I am not able to receive packets would be appreciated! I am pretty new to NS-3 and have probably made a dumb mistake but I can't see where it is, or its a SNS3 specific issue that I don't realize.

Thanks for the help.
Drew
Code_Snippet.txt