Parabolic antenna Orientation not changing

Pradnya Kiri Taksande

Mar 15, 2018, 5:19:38 AM3/15/18
to ns-3-users
Hello all,

I am adding the following line in lena-dual-stripe example.

lteHelper->SetEnbAntennaModelAttribute ("Orientation",     DoubleValue (25.0));
just below the line
lteHelper->SetEnbAntennaModelAttribute ("MaxAttenuation",     DoubleValue (20.0));

and making generateREM = true.
(I am not changing anything else in the example lena-dual-stripe).

And running the example in NS3.26 and NS3.27.

But while plotting the REM output in both the cases, I cant see any orientation change.

Is this a bug? Coz the attribute "Orientation" exists for ParabolicAntennaModel.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Any pointers will be useful.

Thanks,
Pradnya

Rediet

Apr 9, 2018, 4:38:29 AM4/9/18
to ns-3-users
Hello,

Have you tried generating logs of ParabolicAntennaModel? Would be the first place to start. You might still be inside the main lobe despite your tilt.

Rediet