Running libcoap in DCE 1.8

Samet Tonyalı

Jun 5, 2016, 5:37:59 PM6/5/16
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

I want to run obgm's libcoap in ns-3 dce-linux 1.8. I compiled both the library and its examples as given here. The sample application (coap-server and coap-client, both are shared library not executable) run in terminal as expected. However, when I run them in DCE the client cannot find a context and raises and error. It seems the client cannot find the server process that is created for coap-server.

I attached the the script that I use to call coap-server and coap-client, process output folders and packet capture files.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Samet

Samet Tonyalı

Jun 5, 2016, 5:38:26 PM6/5/16
to ns-3-users
dce-coap-output.tar.gz

Matt Anonyme

Jun 6, 2016, 10:35:07 AM6/6/16
to ns-3-users
hi,

seems like "coap_new_endpoint: bind" fails and as such the rest of the scenario can't proceed. You should have a look at "coap_new_endpoint" code, see why it fails, and fix either in dce or in coap the problem.
cheers

zuess

Feb 15, 2017, 5:07:58 PM2/15/17
to ns-3-users
Samet, did you solve the issue? I also need the same...

Samet Tonyalı

Feb 15, 2017, 5:23:18 PM2/15/17
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
No, unfortunately, I couldnt. Then, I gave up :/

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Samet TONYALI
Tel: 618-303 78 11

Samet Tonyalı

Mar 4, 2017, 4:10:31 AM3/4/17
to ns-3-users
Hey zuess,

I tried it again on DCE 1.9 and made it worked. Here I explained how I managed it.

Thanks,
Samet