Mismatch traffic flow result between Flowmon and EnablePcap

Ryan Sun

Apr 27, 2020, 2:34:52 PM4/27/20
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I am working on detecting the traffic flow by using FlowMonitor.
A simple test model is developed by creating a two-node system, sending and receiving node.
Four packets are designed to be sent at the same time over UDP-IPv4.

According to Flowmon, only the first 3 packets reached the destination and 1 lost.
But, the *.pcap files indicate that both sending and receiving node has captured 4 packets.
There are two different results in the same simulation.

I have attached the NS-3 code and the two Pcap files from sending and receiving nodes.

Does anyone have a similar problem like this?
Please share the reason to cause this problem and/or a solution if it is possible.

Thanks,
Ryan

first.cc
first-1-0.pcap
first-0-0.pcap

Sai Kiran Malyala

May 7, 2020, 1:27:17 AM5/7/20
to ns-3-users
I am also facing similar issue, have you figured out why it is happening?