Datarate between two LTE nodes with TCP applications

yang li

May 22, 2024, 6:09:54 AMMay 22
to ns-3-users
Hello, dear all experts

I am working on my LTE model in python bindings, it is almost done, but there is a challenge to figure out is that if I can set data rate for a TCP link in a LTE ( UE1---Enb---UE2)

The TCP application installs into UE1 and UE2, and I want to change the data rate of this link for different traffic pattern to measure. But it seems like bulksender or packetsink does not support this attribute based on model library.

I would appreciate if there are some alternative methods to achieve this configuration because I didnt expect I can not set data rate since P2P can support it.

5e46783a-7932-4cad-b7a9-8ae8df881f1d.jpg

Tom Henderson

May 22, 2024, 8:40:05 AMMay 22
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
TCP does not work on the basis of a fixed data rate, but the applications can (such as the OnOffApplication).  TCP will try to send what it has available to send as soon as its send window permits.
--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---