Energy of a smartphone

RBM-IT

Oct 28, 2014, 4:46:05 AM10/28/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I want to assign an energy source and device to my nodes which are mobile phones. Is the energy source example (li-ion) convenient to design a mobile battery?
For the device, i want it to model the sensor consumption in the mobile phone and not only the packet transmission.
Is it possible?
Should i build my own model? If yes, which model can be a good reference. I am using ns-3.19

Thank you!

Tommaso Pecorella

Oct 28, 2014, 6:48:52 AM10/28/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the Li-Ion is a good model for the battery part. The part "missing" is the energy CONSUMPTION model.
I don't know if the LTE model is using the energy model (i.e., it drains energy from the battery).
About the "sensors" in the terminal (e.g., GPS, vibration, etc.), they are our of scope of ns-3 and no model currently exists.

Cheers,

T.

RBM-IT

Oct 28, 2014, 11:38:54 AM10/28/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tommasso ,

thank you for your prompt answer. I will be based on the LI-ion for the battery, and try to find a simple function to model the energy consumption.
Regards