dose ns-3 support both energy model and mobility mode?

Behnaz Merikhi

Dec 28, 2014, 7:32:15 AM12/28/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
dear NS-3 users
I'm a newcomer and my master thesis is about smart parking in smart community based on WSN ,I wonder if somebody could answer me , is it proper to use NS-3 in this case for simulation since I need a simulator that could support mobility mode and energy model.
Best regards

Konstantinos

Dec 28, 2014, 8:08:54 AM12/28/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Yes,

NS-3 has both energy and mobility models, that could be assigned on the nodes.
However, I would suggest you to study the corresponding documentation on the models (particularly the energy) to understand what is implemented and what are the limitations.

Behnaz Merikhi

Dec 28, 2014, 8:59:12 AM12/28/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Dear Konstantinos
Thank you so much for your attention.
My last question is : I just wanted to know IS it possible to use Ns3 with Sumo (Simulation of Urban Mobility) like NS2?

Konstantinos

Dec 28, 2014, 9:03:31 AM12/28/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can.

a) You can generate trace files like you would do for NS-2, and then use the Ns2MobilityHelper (ns-3 class) to load that in your ns-3 scenario
or
b) You can use some of the integrated platforms such as VSimRTI, iTETRIS or others to dynamically couple NS-3 with SUMO

Regards,
K.

Behnaz Merikhi

Dec 28, 2014, 9:37:14 AM12/28/14