Communication Redundancy.

Jakub Sphinx

Apr 6, 2015, 5:05:08 PM4/6/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,

Will anybody be kind to point on the most related examples or modules for the following Task.
I am interested in a communication Redundancy where one node is using multiple or 2 interfaces simultaneously. assume a communication node with two separated physical hardware.

            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
node0                            node1                        node3
            oooooooooooooooo               oooooooooooooooo

where the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and 0000000000000 are representing different channels, using different frequencies and different Propagation/Path-loss models. As for the long term, I have interest to add an optical free space propagation model allowing a communication redundancy for both Optical and Radio/Based solutions.

Regards
Jakub

Konstantinos

Apr 7, 2015, 4:57:18 AM4/7/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can easily add two (or more) network interfaces on a node and construct the system you want.
What is missing at the moment from NS-3 is what you want to investigate - redundancy mechanism.
And that's up to you how you want to implement it.

Regards,
K.

Jakub Sphinx

Apr 22, 2015, 6:00:44 PM4/22/15