Re: NS3 and cloud integration research

Ahmed Lafta

Jan 23, 2015, 4:45:30 AM1/23/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I am a Ph.D student  and wondering that does NS3 simulator support the interface with virtual machines? (i.e. can I install Ns3 simulator on a physical machine and take the results of another software process that is installed on a virtual machine?). Please can you help me?

On Monday, September 29, 2014 at 9:05:17 AM UTC+1, Andrei Lapin wrote:
Hello,

My name is Andrei Lapin, I am a PhD student at the university of Neuchatel, Switzerland.
We are developing a cloud-based simulation service for the users of the NS3 simulator. The main idea of the service is to move the simulator to the cloud environment and to free the user's machine.
For the successful design and implementation of the service, I would like to ask you to complete a short survey of your usage of the NS3 simulator. The survey will take only 5 minutes of your time, there are only 11 checkbox questions, but it will give us invaluable information for our research. Please, follow the link and complete the survey. Here is the link http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/bullying/ns3-usage/ .
Here are some advantages of the integration for the users:
    - Resource control; the user can appropriately set up VMs for each particular simulation with required parameters such as CPU, RAM, etc.,
    - The user can edit simulation scripts / source code and launch new simulations immediately after launching the previous one without a fear of a machine overload,
    - The user can run a large number of parallel simulations on many simultaneous VMs,
    - The result gathering process is centralized and the user always has easy access to outcome and corresponding simulation scripts,
    - Controlling the simulation process from any device with the Internet connection, also online editing of scripts/source files shall be possible,
    - Easy, semi-automatic process of setting-up the working environment; knowledge of the cloud infrastructure is not necessary,
    - Simple migration of the working environment among VM-based clouds, batch-queuing clusters, computational Grids, Linux/UNIX hosts in which a user is provided with SSH-based access.

Thank you,
Andrei   . .
Message has been deleted