What effect on earth should eD have on laa and wifi network performance?

John Young

Nov 28, 2016, 9:38:40 AM11/28/16
to ns-3-users
I configure bsTxGain and bsRxGain to 0. Then I run laa-wifi-indoor with eD configured to -62.0 and -82.0 respectively.  And I found that both laa and wifi's delay both increased when eD goes lower.  Can anyone explain that?

Tom Henderson

Nov 30, 2016, 6:12:01 PM11/30/16
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I can answer this generally (not sure whether this is the specific
effect you are seeing). This is a dense network environment. The
lowering of ED increases the effective cell size and makes stations
defer more to one another, which can increase latency.

This documentation explains the idea:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-0/hdx_final/b_hdx_dg_final/high_density_experience_features_added_in_release_8_0.html

- Tom

John Young

Nov 30, 2016, 6:52:05 PM11/30/16
to ns-3-users
Thanks, that can explain laa's latency increase. But I only change the laa eD, while wifi keeps a eD of -62 dBm. But wifi's delay seems to fluctuate when laa eD ranges between -62 dBm and -82 dBm. Shouldn't wifi always benefit?

在 2016年12月1日星期四 UTC+8上午7:12:01,Tom Henderson写道:

John Young

Dec 1, 2016, 10:48:53 AM12/1/16
to ns-3-users
It seems the benefit of laa defering can not counteract the interference suffering by wifi. Indeed, wifi seems to deteriorate. However, since wifi suffers interference whatever laa eD is, I feel quite confused. I run ftp with lambda 4 and base duration of 100s in laa simple case and change the RngRun. Unfortunately, both do not take effect.