802.11ac in ns3.24

Gaurang Naik

Mar 17, 2016, 12:54:42 AM3/17/16
to ns-3-users
Hello All,

I was trying to run the vht-wifi-network.cc example in ns3.24. Now, the example calculates the throughput for different channel bandwidth and MCS schemes. My output for this file is as follows.

MCS value Channel width short GI Throughput
7 20 MHz 0 30.3774 Mbit/s
7 20 MHz 1 32.0013 Mbit/s
7 40 MHz 0 40.997 Mbit/s
7 40 MHz 1 42.3771 Mbit/s
7 80 MHz 0 49.3603 Mbit/s
7 80 MHz 1 50.1045 Mbit/s
7 160 MHz 0 53.7339 Mbit/s
7 160 MHz 1 54.2744 Mbit/s
8 20 MHz 0 33.1294 Mbit/s
8 20 MHz 1 34.6485 Mbit/s
8 40 MHz 0 42.834 Mbit/s
8 40 MHz 1 44.0528 Mbit/s
8 80 MHz 0 50.9218 Mbit/s
8 80 MHz 1 51.7991 Mbit/s
8 160 MHz 0 54.8114 Mbit/s
8 160 MHz 1 55.3755 Mbit/s
9 40 MHz 0 44.0893 Mbit/s
9 40 MHz 1 45.2446 Mbit/s
9 80 MHz 0 51.7967 Mbit/s
9 80 MHz 1 52.6022 Mbit/s
9 160 MHz 0 55.7323 Mbit/s
9 160 MHz 1 56.1562 Mbit/s

My question is - shouldn't the throughput be much higher (in say MCS9 and 160 MHz and others)? I understand that this is the UDP throughput, so it won't be as high as the PHY throughput. However, shouldn't the transport layer throughput be higher too? I have not modified the code at all. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Gaurang.