Linux Containers and NS3 on a Mac

Philipp

Jun 8, 2017, 8:00:38 AM6/8/17
to ns-3-users
Hi guys,

I wondered if there is a possibility to run the example form [1] on a Mac?

To the best of my knowledge, LXC is not supported by MacOS so the example would not run out of the box. I did a bit of research but got stuck as I think the challenge is to get the network bridge up and running.
So my question, is it possible to have this "real" world use case running on a Mac?
I assume one solution would be to run a full VM with a XLC supporting Linux (e.g. Fedora) similar to the example in  [2].

But maybe there is an option I don't see right now, maybe even using Docker? :)

Thanks in advance,
cheers,
Philipp

note: at the time of writing I had a MacOS Sierra 10.12.5

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 9, 2017, 9:19:08 AM7/9/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

unfortunately neither Docker or LXC are available for MacOS. The simplest way is to use a Linux box.

T.