Modification on OLSR protocol

Doaa

Mar 19, 2016, 4:57:16 AM3/19/16
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

I have made a modification to the OLSR protocol implemented in ns3. I want to add clustering algorithm, so instead of selecting a set of nodes as MPR, a node will vote for a neighboring node to be a cluster head. The election is based on a parameter called qos (The node will vote for the neighbor who has the highest qos value and it may vote for itself if it has the highest qos among its neighbor ). I have added a new function called Headcomutation() to perform the head selection procedure. I have modified the hello message to add a new flag called H to indicate whether a node has been designated as cluster-head or not (H=1 if a node is CH).

The problem that I am facing currently is where should I initiate the H flag? In other words, I want to give it a value of 1 if the node is a CH otherwise the value is 0, where to put this initiation?
Hope my inquiry is clear.
Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Konstantinos

Mar 19, 2016, 7:10:43 AM3/19/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

The answer to your question depends highly on your design.
As far as I understand from your explanation, the CH flag would be set in all outgoing HELLOs if that node is a cluster head.
So, each time you send a HELLO message, you can get if that node is CH from your "HeadComputation()" method.
Now, if you would like to run this method each time you send the HELLO, or at other times and save the output in a variable, it's up to you.
That's why I said, it is your design.

Regards,
K.