steps to install evalvid

Olfa ben Rhayem

Apr 8, 2014, 12:38:51 PM4/8/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Please i want someone give me steps to install evalvid or qoe-monitor

Konstantinos

Apr 8, 2014, 1:38:37 PM4/8/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Just follow the guidelines you found on the website and adjust the wscript file according to your ns-3 release; the one provided is for ns-3.16 but if you use the latest stable ns-3.19, there are changes.

To be sure, follow the documentation http://www.nsnam.org/docs/manual/html/new-modules.html

anis Yusoff

Mar 5, 2015, 10:38:27 PM3/5/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
hi sir,

I would like to ask you about how to install evalvid

I have some problem when i build, it shows Could not find a task generator for the name 'ns3-evalvid-ns3-master'

I wonder maybe my installation step is wrong as shown below:

1) i follow the instruction in http://www.nsnam.org/docs/manual/html/new-modules.html

2) i create a new file as 'evalvid' name at ns-3-dev/src

3) i also extract the evalvid-ns3-master file in ns-3-dev/src

my problem is, I have no idea how these both files 'communicate' each other..

could you help me to solve this problem..

Thank you in advanced..

anis

Konstantinos

Mar 6, 2015, 3:59:45 AM3/6/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please follow all the steps of the manual to create the new module.
After creating the folder in /src you have to add the contents (source and header files) from the evalvid-ns3-master file you have in the evalvid folder you created and modify the wscript file (as specified in the manual) so that it builds. You should not have two folders in the /scr one evalvid and one evalvid-ns3-master.

anis Yusoff

Mar 9, 2015, 3:15:15 AM3/9/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
thank you very much sir,
problem has been solved

I'm really appreciate your guide :-)

anis

kAZEEM HAMMED

Feb 11, 2016, 8:53:49 AM2/11/16
to ns-3-users
Hi Mr Konstantinos,i downloaded evalvid file online and I put the folder inside the src folder in NS3.when I tried to run it I had an error that reads " Error finding headers for module evalvid-ns3-master".pls what could be the problem and what is the solution.

Konstantinos

Feb 11, 2016, 9:05:55 AM2/11/16
to ns-3-users
Dear Kazeem

Please do not spam the list with the same question.
The answer I gave to the thread your replied (https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ns-3-users/XDPqu1OGyyg/Xvp3-6kzfhsJ) is still valid.
Do not just copy and paste the module in the src folder.

Follow the guidelines in the manual for adding a new module.

Regards,
K.
Message has been deleted

Ms.T. Swapna

Jan 7, 2019, 4:14:36 AM1/7/19
to ns-3-users
Hello sir

I am also getting the same error. i am unable to follow the instruction for creating new module. plz help