TCP Scaling Window resizing issue with Bulk send

Parag Medhe

May 17, 2017, 7:53:16 PM5/17/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I am setting my SendBufSize and RecvBufSize for TCP to be 2^32 using Config::SetDefault before the BulkSendHelper is initialized. I expected to see certain  throughput but I am getting much lower.

On digging deeper, I saw the TCP window scaling being set at the beginning of the connection to 2 and then not changing during the whole session. The TCP window scaling  is using the default buffer sizes (128K) and not the size that is provided by Config::SetDefault().

Could you please tell me the possible reason for such behavior?

Thanks.

Tommaso Pecorella

May 18, 2017, 7:34:54 PM5/18/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

no idea, but please check if the issue is still there in ns-3-dev.

T.