A question about the SystemInformationBlockType2 Struct in LTE module

KY Lin

Jan 27, 2018, 9:31:27 AM1/27/18
to ns-3-users
Hi,

    Thanks for any help.

    I am new to the NS-3 LTE module and trying to understand the MIB/SIBs in the module.

    However, after I compared the SIB2 in 3gpp spec and the structure in the ns3::LteRrcSap::SystemInformationBlockType2, I found there are much differences.

    In the 3gpp spec, SIB2 has the bcch-config, pcch-config, etc.

    In the ns3::LteRrcSap::SystemInformationBlockType2, there are only pdsch-config and rach-config in RadioResourceConfig and the other configs are set
    in the function named RrcAsn1Header::SerializeRadioResourceConfigCommonSib().

    But I don't see the function RrcAsn1Header::SerializeRadioResourceConfigCommonSib() is used after I traced the code.

    Do the pcch-config and the other configs are sent through the SIB2 in ns3 or the SIB2 just sends the pdsch-config and rach-config?

    I am so grateful for any help.

KY Lin

Jan 29, 2018, 3:06:33 AM1/29/18
to ns-3-users
Hi

    After I used the Log system, I found that although  lte-rrc-header.h is included by lte-rrc-protocol-real.h, which implements the function named 'doSendSystemInformation',

    the function RrcAsn1Header::SerializeRadioResourceConfigCommonSib() IS NOT used when eNB packets the SIB2.

    So I guess except PDSCH and RACH, the other channels are defined but not be used for simplicity.

    Thanks.

Ashish

Jan 29, 2018, 8:18:37 AM1/29/18
to ns-3-users
Hi,

Yes, bcch and pcch configs are not implemented for simplicity or reduced features.

KY Lin

Jan 29, 2018, 8:34:36 AM1/29/18
to ns-3-users
Hi Ashish,