aodv.cc in netanim

Lincy Elizebeth Jim

Mar 29, 2015, 7:32:42 PM3/29/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
hi all

I have attached screenshot of aodv.xml.I just included AnimationInterface anim("aodv.xml");  in aodv.cc and put it in scratch folder
why is not possible to see all the 10 nodes which are 100 m apart in the xml file

kindly guide

thanking in advance

lincy
aodv.xml.docx

Konstantinos

Mar 30, 2015, 6:09:08 AM3/30/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

All the nodes are shown but they are so close that you can not distinguish them.
That's because the borders of the visual area is 100.000x100.000.

K.

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 30, 2015, 6:11:40 AM3/30/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the answer is simple: the nodes are NOT 100m apart.
You did a mistake in setting their position. Take care to setup the positions as the very first thing, or it will not work.
Also, please learn how to ask for help. They say that a picture is worth a thousand word, but an xml file is way more informative if you can read it. And the script file is even more informative.

Thanks,

T.

Lincy Jim

Mar 30, 2015, 8:33:12 PM3/30/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Konstantinos and Tomasso

I have attached the cc file."step" indicates distance between nodes.
I have also attached the screenshot of the .xml file after zooming.Do I have to zoom in order to see the nodes more clearly?

I have also attached the screenshot of the xterminal wherein I get details of packet sent.Is there any other way the get the same data shown in the xterminal( black screen) from netanim.

Kindly guide

thanking in advance

lincy

aodv.cc