Modifying the VHT Frame parameters

Varun Reddy

May 1, 2017, 9:27:32 PM5/1/17
to ns-3-users
Hi everyone,

I am trying to modify the PPDU format for the VHT physical layer in the case of 802.11ac (the frame format is shown in the picture attached). I would like to change the time for which the preamble lasts. However, I simply can't seem to find where these parameters can be set. Although version 3.26 has provisions for 802.11ac and its VHT Physical layer, I've unsuccessful in figuring out a way to modify this frame format.

Which file describes the VHT PPDU format for 802.11ac?

Thanks,
Varun
image.png

Tommaso Pecorella

May 3, 2017, 6:37:04 PM5/3/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

the preamble fields are not simulated, only its duration is considered.
Check the function WifiPhy::CalculatePlcpPreambleAndHeaderDuration

T.