Relaibility and Latency calculation for the IPv6 based device to device communication

aadesh shah

Jun 8, 2020, 3:23:24 AM6/8/20
to ns-3-users
Hello All,

I am trying to develop a relaying algorithm where there are 20 mobile nodes and 80 relay nodes. I am trying a packet trace with RX and TX but I need to calculate latency for each packet that's the first step. After that I want to discard the packets who reach after a certain latency threshold (for example 10ms) any idea how that can be done? I have attached my code here it has a factory model where the mobile nodes are communicating with the base station which is located in the center and the there are multiple static nodes (80) which can be used as relay nodes are distributed uniformly.
Now as I mentioned I eed to calculate the latency (end to end ) and reliability (rx/tx packets but based on the latency threshold) of the network.

Any solutions and ideas are welcome I am trying to think around this problem and what can be the best way to calculate the KPIs.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Aadesh Shah
factory_relaying.cc