How to use Directional Antenna with Wifi Topology.

Jakub

May 20, 2015, 3:00:36 PM5/20/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

How to change the default Isotropical/Omni Directional antenna to one of the Directional antennas such as CosineAntennaModel for WIFI topology?

Thank you for your considerations.

Regards
Jakub

Tommaso Pecorella

May 20, 2015, 4:17:37 PM5/20/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

as far as I know you can't. Now, the real question is: why don't you check by yourself ?

AirTom:ns-3-dev pecos$ grep AntennaModel src/lte/model/*
grep: src/lte/model/fading-traces: Is a directory
src/lte/model/lte-spectrum-phy.cc:Ptr<AntennaModel>
src/lte/model/lte-spectrum-phy.cc:LteSpectrumPhy::SetAntenna (Ptr<AntennaModel> a)
src/lte/model/lte-spectrum-phy.h:class AntennaModel;
src/lte/model/lte-spectrum-phy.h:  Ptr<AntennaModel> GetRxAntenna ();
src/lte/model/lte-spectrum-phy.h:   * set the AntennaModel to be used
src/lte/model/lte-spectrum-phy.h:  void SetAntenna (Ptr<AntennaModel> a);
src/lte/model/lte-spectrum-phy.h:  Ptr<AntennaModel> m_antenna;
src/lte/model/rem-spectrum-phy.cc:Ptr<AntennaModel>
src/lte/model/rem-spectrum-phy.h:  Ptr<AntennaModel> GetRxAntenna ();

AirTom:ns-3-dev pecos$ grep AntennaModel src/wifi/model/*
AirTom:ns-3-dev pecos$

T.

Jakub

May 21, 2015, 4:24:16 AM5/21/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you T.
On Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 10:17:37 PM UTC+2, Tommaso Pecorella wrote:
Hi,

as far as I know you can't. Now, the real question is: why don't you check by yourself ?

This is the exact reason why I ask in the first place, I found nothing and wished to have insight from you guys.