LTE-Advanced Coordinated Multipoint questions

Ivan Senin

Aug 6, 2015, 11:30:00 AM8/6/15
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

I'm going to make some research on (distributed) scheduler for Coordinated Multipoint feature of LTE-Advanced

I had take a look at several network simulators and as I can see ns-3 suits for my purpose the best (Maybe somebody more experienced in this topic has different opinion, please tell your thoughts =) )
But if I get it right Lte-A isn't currently implemented in ns3 (at least in 3.23) and I saw that only Carrier Aggregation is in progress now at GSoC.

So could you roughly estimate amount of work which I need to implement besides my scheduler module?
Most of all I worry about how to make dual transmission part in ns3.

Regards

Ivan Senin

Aug 7, 2015, 5:34:08 AM8/7/15
to ns-3-users
Maybe it is possible to apply approach as in Simulte (CompManager on github) ?

Tommaso Pecorella

Aug 7, 2015, 6:58:31 AM8/7/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I'd say no. That repo is for Omnet++, ns-3 is very different.

T.