LTE channel capacity or maximum data transfer rate

770 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

john

no leída,
30 may 2012, 6:56:52 a.m.30/5/2012
para ns-3-users
hi all,

how can we check in ns3 that the maximum data we can transfer over a
LTE channel in our simulation scenario . with one user equipment and
one base station (ENodeB )

/john

Marco Miozzo

no leída,
30 may 2012, 7:07:23 a.m.30/5/2012
para ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

it depends on which level you want to evaluate the channel capacity.
At RLC level, you have the RadioBearerStatsCalculator (many tests are already using it, you can refer to scheduler tests as a template).

marco.

/john

john

no leída,
3 jun 2012, 5:50:11 a.m.3/6/2012
para ns-3-users
I want to calculate it on network layer. kindly could you tell me how
can we calculate it in form of packets/sec or bits/sec.

John

Marco Miozzo

no leída,
4 jun 2012, 5:06:36 a.m.4/6/2012
para ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
In this case you can use the RadioBearerStatsCalculator, many tests already uses it and you can use them as template.
Moreover, the module is documented in the section "Simulation Output" of LENA User documentation.
http://lena.cttc.es/manual/lte-user.html#

Regards,
marco.

ns3c...@gmail.com

no leída,
3 abr 2013, 6:15:33 a.m.3/4/2013
para ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was looking at this plot (test vectors for the rr and pf scheduler in the downlink) in the testing documentation: http://lena.cttc.es/manual/lte-testing.html#round-robin-scheduler-performance

From the plot, does that mean that the maximum achievable rate (for both schedulers) for 1 UE is approximately 10~20Mbps? is there a scenario where higher data rates can be achieved? i.e. using MIMO or the 20MHz bandwidth. Mainly, what is the LTE standard/peak data rates offered by the simulator?

Regarding MIMO, the simulator offers 2x2 or 4x4 MIMO?

Thank you and Regards

Marco Miozzo

no leída,
3 abr 2013, 6:24:16 a.m.3/4/2013
para ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The performance plotted in the graph are obtained with default lte simulator configuration, that is for 5 MHz. You can change the bandwidth for obtaining higher performance.
At this stage, we do not have graph for standard/peak data rates offered by the simulator, contributions are welcome!

For what concern the MIMO settings are detailed in the documentation. According to the reference used, the model is a 2x2 MIMO.
However, according to the doxygen doc, you can see that the gains can be modified by means of ns3 attribute system, parameter ns3::LteUePhy::TxMode[1..7]Gain.

Best regards,
marco.

Lilly Lilly

no leída,
3 abr 2013, 6:54:52 a.m.3/4/2013
para ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the quick reply, I really appreciate the clarification.

Lilly Lilly

no leída,
3 abr 2013, 4:59:21 p.m.3/4/2013
para ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to bother you again.  The throughput is for an entire cell or is it per-sector throughput? Is the simulator based mainly on 3GPP release 8? Thank you

Marco Miozzo

no leída,
4 abr 2013, 3:18:41 a.m.4/4/2013
para ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

throughput is per sector and the module is based on Rel. 8.

regards,
marco.

Responder a todos
Responder al autor