Task allocation in Mobile Sensing netwroks

RBM-IT

Jan 13, 2016, 6:15:21 AM1/13/16
to ns-3-users
Hello everyone,

I am implementing a mobile sensor network (sensing using mobile phones). Thus, i went through the tutorial and the different documentation.
The topology is an adhoc network of mobile nodes. I based my code on wifi-simple-adhoc. I built the network and add the mobility from a trace file.

The point of my work is to "schedule" or assign sensing tasks within nodes in a distributed way.
For example, a node assign a sensing task to another encountered node. Is there any scheduling class (like in LTE) that i can start from? or should i build my own application?
If it is a new application, would it be a send/receive packet?
Could a node see the content of the packet ( to see which task to perform)?

I am sorry, but i have a lot of questions and i need a starting point.

Kind Regards,

Tommaso Pecorella

Jan 13, 2016, 12:29:03 PM1/13/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

don't get me wrong, but I think that you're extremely confused.

Schedule or assign task to nodes in a distributed way.
This is (typically) something done at application level. Unless a "task" is to transmit a packet on a particular resource block (radio resource assignment).

Is there any scheduling class (like in LTE) that i can start from?
LTE have many schedulers, but they're not comparable in any way to what you asked previously.

If it is a new application, would it be a send/receive packet?
Yes, it should be a new application, and... well, if you want to make it distributed, how could it be done if not through sending / receiving control packets ?

Could a node see the content of the packet ( to see which task to perform)?
Please study the tutorial.

I need a starting point.
The tutorial is a good starting point. Another starting point is to design your solution on a piece of paper. Just a rough sketch will do, and it will clarify your ideas.

T.

RBM-IT

Jan 14, 2016, 5:53:35 AM1/14/16
to ns-3-users
Hello Tommaso,

Thank you for your answer.
As i mentioned before i went through the tutorial and tried all examples.
Now i am able to understand the different parts of a code and implement my own parts.

My question was, as you answered, where i can assign tasks. Now the picture is clear.

I was wondering if there is an example for implementing new application (like the starting point of wifi-simple-adhoc for implementing adhoc networks).

I am thinking also to investigate the possibility to design my own packet type to include the different data type i want to exchange between nodes.
I hope i am not too far from the target.

Thank you

Tommaso Pecorella

Jan 14, 2016, 8:20:28 AM1/14/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

just check the application module, the code is pretty simple.

T.