PLC maximum Nodes or PacketSize

Peter Strauß

Sep 4, 2014, 9:41:10 AM9/4/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I have some problems with sending packet in a plc-network.

There are plc_Nodes with an IPv4-Interface and UDP-packets with a size of round about 6 MBytes.
It works fine with up to 69 Nodes (participants) using G3, and up to 58 Nodes using PRIME.
I have to test with more than 100 (better up to 1000) Nodes.
Is there a limit?

The second problem ist the packetsize.
Small packets (100kByte) makes reflections or loops on the network. Nodes receive packets twice or more. that will be crash the network...
What is the reason?

What are the max parameters?
Distance between nodes
max length of a cord with nodes
max nodes of a network

thanks for help
Peter

Tommaso Pecorella

Sep 4, 2014, 10:19:11 AM9/4/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

no idea. The PLC module have never been merged with the main ns-3 codebase. I'd suggest to ask the PLC module authors.

Cheers,

T.