I need some help with a simulation

mida...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2016, 10:34:22 AM12/14/16
to ns-3-users
Simulation
I have to create this simulation, but I'm having some troubles. This is what I must do:
- The first node sends a message to every node that's in range: easy.
- Every node must wait for a random time: easy.
- The one that wait for the less time must send the message again, while the other must not send it: I don't know how to do this point (without the help of some external variables). My problem is that the waiting times must be low, so every node waits at most 1 second. I tried to remember somehow if a node has already seen that message, but the waiting times are so low that in the end every node will broadcast the message again.
- The message will be broadcasted again. Only the nodes on the lest will just ignore it: easy.
- And so on.

Can someone help me?

Konstantinos

Dec 14, 2016, 12:34:57 PM12/14/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

Your scenario is simply a broadcast routing problem.
There are several papers in the literature that analyse and solve this in a decentralized manner (no external variables).
For example check the Trinary Partition Broadcast model or similar:
Chakkaphong Suthaputchakun, Mehrdad Dianati, and Zhili Sun, "Trinary Partitioned Black-Burst-Based Broadcast Protocol for Time-Critical Emergency Message Dissemination in VANETs" IEEE TVT VOL. 63, NO. 6, JULY 2014

By forwarding the packet and not creating a new one, it should be easy to filter and drop duplicates.

Regards,