Re: Regarding Project implemention in NS3...Mohsin Mulla

Message has been deleted

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 22, 2014, 3:00:09 AM3/22/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Ouch, ouch, ouch. Eyes hurts. Remove that paper...
It's copyrighted material, you can't post it like this in a group.

Well, you can, but you're responsible for copyright infringement. What you can do is to point to a webpage hosting it.
Authors have the right to publish their papers (IEEE specifically allows this) on their institution's website. So you can use that one.

Anyway, I'll try to check the paper if I have time. This weekend I have to proofread 2 papers and I need to send them to the editor ... :P

T.

On Saturday, March 22, 2014 7:49:11 AM UTC+1, Mmoseen mulla wrote:
Sir,

i am interested to get some kind of help from you regarding my research area actually i need to implement Lightweight sybil attack detection in manets using NS3
Currently its work is done in NS2...

is it possible to implement or i shld stuck with NS2 itself
i m also sending my research paper please help

Mmoseen mulla

Mar 22, 2014, 6:18:02 AM3/22/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
sir m using it has a reference ....n my implementation will be its future work........for dat  nedd to implement current paper .....m nt researchng same topic.....s
.orry

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 22, 2014, 7:28:24 AM3/22/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

don't worry, honest mistake.

The correct way to point to the paper is:
Abbas, S.; Merabti, M.; Llewellyn-Jones, D.; Kifayat, K., "Lightweight Sybil Attack Detection in MANETs," Systems Journal, IEEE , vol.7, no.2, pp.236,248, June 2013
doi: 10.1109/JSYST.2012.2221912

And you could mention that, in case of need, you can provide a copy.

This is, basically, the problem of paywalls and paid journals. You can't freely distribute the papers, and you have to either link the publisher's page (but not everybody will be able to access it), or to link to a semi-legal copy.
Semi-legal could be totally legal (the author's copy) or living on the edge (like many "research" websites, also hosting people's papers).

Anyway, I'll try to check the paper and see how hard it would be to do it in ns-3.

Cheers,

T.

Mmoseen mulla

Mar 22, 2014, 12:11:58 PM3/22/14