throughput = -0 ???

Vaison

Mar 17, 2015, 11:48:10 AM3/17/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I'm trying to show the throughput, delay, jitter, etc.... I'm using lena-epc and everytime sum of delay and jitter is 0 and the throughput is -0.... I've changed DataRoute value in point to point connection and nothing change... I know that many threads was open with this query but I couldn't solve it... could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Regards,

~V
epcemuthrow.cc

Konstantinos

Mar 17, 2015, 12:10:17 PM3/17/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Which NS-3 release are you using? There is a known bug with flowmonitor and LTE module in ns-3.20 (perhaps 3.21 as well, can't remember) but it is fixed in ns-3.22.
Look at the LTE traces to confirm that there is traffic.

Vaison

Mar 17, 2015, 12:13:21 PM3/17/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I'm using 3.21... I'll check 3.22 and ns-3-devel and then I'll post again.

Thanks Konstantinos,

Regards,

~V

Vaison

Mar 17, 2015, 1:06:57 PM3/17/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi again Konstantinos, I've tried the code that I posted before on ns-3.22 and I have the same problem.... There some flows:

Flow ID: 1 Src Addr 1.0.0.2 Dst Addr 7.0.0.3
Tx Packets = 11
Rx Packets = 0
Throughput: -0 Kbps
Packet loss= 1
Flow ID: 2 Src Addr 7.0.0.3 Dst Addr 1.0.0.2
Tx Packets = 11
Rx Packets = 0
Throughput: -0 Kbps
Packet loss= 1
Flow ID: 3 Src Addr 1.0.0.2 Dst Addr 7.0.0.7
Tx Packets = 11
Rx Packets = 0
Throughput: -0 Kbps
Packet loss= 1
Flow ID: 4 Src Addr 7.0.0.7 Dst Addr 1.0.0.2
Tx Packets = 11
Rx Packets = 0
Throughput: -0 Kbps
Packet loss= 1

And I also attach the code I'm using it.

Regards,

~V

El martes, 17 de marzo de 2015, 16:10:17 (UTC), Konstantinos escribió:
epcemuthrow.cc

Konstantinos

Mar 17, 2015, 1:27:20 PM3/17/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I see you use the EMU-EPC (EmuEpcHelper realizes the S1-U connection via a real link).
Is this the type of network you want to simulate?
I can not run your code. I get some errors regarding the EmuEpcHelper class. I guess I need to install some libraries and re-configure.

Please verify from the LTE trace sources or your own that those packets are delivered so as to see if it is a FlowMonitor issue or something else.

Vaison

Mar 17, 2015, 2:34:59 PM3/17/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Ok... I've tried with lena-simple (not emu) and seems it works... In my emu (original one) seems that Tx works but Rx doesn't work...funny thing is, it count the loss packets... Let me check more in deep, may it is the tuntap created or... something like that...

I'm gonna check and I'll keep post if I progress.

Regards,

~V

Vaison

Mar 25, 2015, 7:10:51 AM3/25/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi again!

Still with problems... I follow lte-user documentation (https://www.nsnam.org/docs/models/html/lte-user.html) and now I'm guessing about... Have I only to create the tuntaps? Have I to assign IP?
I don't know if it is a personal problem or a LENA emulation problem (bug?)... if I play with any LENA without emulation I got throughput but when start to use emulation... Throughput never come again... In wireshark I can see the packets between tuntaps.

Right now I'm working with ns-3.22 and ns-3-dev. Any suggestion?

Regards,

~V