simulate a satellite link in ns-3

张哲

Jun 6, 2014, 4:03:30 AM6/6/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I am new to NS-3 and I have a lot of problem to solve.e.g.i want to bulid  a LTE scene using LENA.In this scene a satellite link or a satellite should be uesd as a eNB.So i am wondering if these can be done in NS-3.
And another question:how can i set the transmitting power of eNB.
I will be grateful if anyone who can give me any help!
thanks a lot.

Steve muni

Jun 6, 2014, 4:29:27 AM6/6/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I am also interested in this(VSAT link). I was thinking in simulate one with a PPP link. However this only could be done for SCPC, and not for TDMA. Any Idea?

Konstantinos

Jun 6, 2014, 7:27:55 AM6/6/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I would not recommend to use LTE for a satellite link. That is not correct. As Steve mentions in his reply, a more suitable connection is PPP. If you are interested for broadcasting and not p2p links, then you need to implement such model.

If you still insist on using LTE in space, (perhaps the astronauts have their cellphones with them but they only use it for data since sound does not travel in void!), the Tx parameter is an attribute of the LteEnbPhy class which can be accessed using the attribute system