hybrid network topology with ns3

Deb

Mar 17, 2017, 5:52:27 AM3/17/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

Are there any helper classes for designing a hybrid point-to-point network where there are two paths between any pair of adjacent points. Data is sent through the primary path while the backup path with different parameters is kept for failover. Also how to handle routing in these cases? Any concrete example will help as well. Thanks!

Konstantinos

Mar 17, 2017, 6:36:58 AM3/17/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

No, there is no such helper or protocol implemented for such topology.
However, it shouldn't be difficult to modify existing P2P helper to create two links instead of one.
SCTP (through DCE) may be an option for failover in multi-homing networks.

Regards,

Deb

Mar 17, 2017, 6:43:33 AM3/17/17
to ns-3-users
Thanks for the suggestion Konstantinos! I hope P2P helper can be modified in a way to handle links with different parameters.
I would look into the possibility of using SCTP. I want to simulate failures and failovers at certain points during the simulation. I hope this is doable.