Modification of propagation loss model parameters during simulation

couturier....@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2015, 5:42:06 AM1/21/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear ns-3 gurus,

I'm new to ns-3 and I'm using it to run LTE simulations with the default Friis propagation model.
In a first approach, I would like to model the effect of a tunnel by suddenly increasing the channel attenuation.

My idea is to modify the "SystemLoss" parameter of the the FrissPropagationLossModel.
I manage to do so at initialisation using a commands like:
lteHelper->SetPathlossModelAttribute ("SystemLoss", DoubleValue (10000.0));
or
Config::SetDefault ("ns3::FriisPropagationLossModel::SystemLoss", DoubleValue (10000.0))

But what I actually want is to do the same during simulation. Of course in this case, I can't use LteHelper or SetDefault anymore.
So, I was thinking of using Config::Set to access FriisPropagationLossModel::SystemLoss parameter. But I did not find the correct configuration path to reach the Friis model.

So my questions are:

1. Do you think using Config::Set is the good way to modify channel parameters during simulation (said differently: does it have a chance to work)? Or is there a more appropriate way of doing it?

2. Can anyone help me guessing the correct aggregation path syntax to access the Friis Model parameter in a LTE simulation?  I tried things like "/ChannelList/[*]/$ns3::SpectrumChannel/PropagationLossModel/$ns3::FriisPropagationLossModel::SystemLoss" but with no success.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Pablo Fondo Ferreiro

Nov 24, 2022, 2:31:24 PM11/24/22
to ns-3-users
We are trying to do this and facing the same issue. Did you manage to make it work? Can anyone provide any guidance on how can we get the FriisPropagationLossModel object of a given channel?

Thank you very much!