how to set area in a OSPF network.

李楠

Aug 1, 2016, 11:01:53 PM8/1/16
to ns-3-users
I create a network with over 1000 nodes by DCE. There are about 150 router nodes are installed ospf protocol, and each two nodes are in one subnet. The others are host. But the network  runs  slowly, I guess the reason is that there are too many ospf packets. So I want set some areas in network.Unfortunately, I can't find some relevant information.Could you give me some advice about setting area or some ways to solve the performance problem of  network ?

pdbarnes

Aug 1, 2016, 11:59:00 PM8/1/16
to ns-3-users
When you say it runs "slow", can you quantify that? How many packets per wall-clock second? (Don't forget to include *all* packets, especially OLSR.)

What do you expect for that number? (Hint: there's a WNS3 or Simutools paper by Kan Renard a few years ago with that number for an OLSR scenario for comparison.)

NanerLee

Aug 2, 2016, 2:52:41 AM8/2/16
to ns-3-users
Dear pdbarnes,
        Thanks for your reply.
I say it's slow, because I set a one minute simulation,but it costs about twenty minutes to complete.I don't count the number of packets per second. And I will try to study the paper by Kan Renard to find some information. Thank you!

在 2016年8月2日星期二 UTC+8上午11:59:00,pdbarnes写道: